is professor-faculty mentor, and coordinator of the Master of Arts in Educating Adults program, in the School for New Learning, DePaul University. Dr. Marienau teaches, writes and consults in the areas of adult learning and development, competency-based learning, assessing learning, reflective practice, and “brain-aware” facilitation of adult learning. For recent and upcoming presentations, see Workshops/Seminars tab. Publications (selected)
- “The theory and practice of PLA”, coauthor with P. Brewer, in V. Wang (Ed.), Theory and Practice of Adult and Higher Education. Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishing, 2016 (in press).
- “Learning, adults, and CBE,” coauthor with M. Navarre Cleary, K. Wozniak, G. Wilbur, D. Tolliver Atta, & P. Meyer. In, K. Rasmussen, P. Northrup, & R. Colson (Eds.), Research Handbook on Competency-based Education. IGI Global, 2016 (in press).
- Assessing Learning, 3rd Edition, coauthor with D. Younger, CAEL. Dubuque, IO: Kendall Hunt, 2016 (forthcoming).
is professor in the Doctorate of Educational Leadership program in the Kalmanovitz School of Education, Saint Mary’s College of California. A former Fulbright Scholar, Dr. Taylor teaches, writes and consults internationally in the areas of adult development and learning, learning and transformation, creativity, and “brain-aware” facilitation of adult learning. For recent and upcoming presentations, see Workshops/Seminars tab. Publications (selected)
- “Teaching with the Brain in Mind,” coauthor with Annalee Lamoreaux. In: S. Merriam, (Ed.), Third Update on Adult Learning Theory, New Directions for Adult and Continuing Education No. 119, San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, Fall, 2008.
- “Brain Function and the Mentor’s Role,” All About Mentoring, 33, Winter, 2008.
- “Effective approaches to fostering developmental growth in women learners: A view from neurophysiology,” coauthor with Catherine Marienau. In J. Allen (Ed.), Most Women are Students: Implications for College Faculty and Policymakers. Stirling, VA: Stylus, 2008.
- The Neuroscience of Adult Learning, co-editor with Sandra Johnson. New Directions for Adult and Continuing Education No. 110, San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, Summer 2006.
- Developing Adult Learners: Strategies for Teachers and Trainers. Coauthor, with Catherine Marienau and Morris Fiddler. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 2000.
In her down-time, she bakes, takes photos of her grandchildren, and works toward social change.